The SOMA West Community Benefit District (SWCBD) is proud to announce our new “Night Shift” neighborhood ambassador program. As the name suggests, this program starts in the evening and operates until the early morning hours (see details below).
The Night Shift’s key priority is to maintain a welcoming and vibrant neighborhood by directly interacting with neighborhood stakeholders (e.g., workers, customers, visitors, and residents). This is very similar to what we do in the daytime, but the Night Shift program is more focused on direct interaction and outreach.
To accomplish the above, our Night Shift ambassadors tour the entire neighborhood via vehicle, on bicycle, and on foot.
While on tour, our ambassadors directly interact with neighborhood stakeholders by:
- Identifying visitors and tourists, and providing directions, information, and recommendations.
- Visiting District businesses to share information about SWCBD services and the new Night Shift program.
- Keeping the neighborhood clean by removing trash and other waste.
- Observing and reporting on conditions that may affect the overall neighborhood.
- Reaching out to people who are experiencing homelessness.
Our new Night Shift ambassadors are currently on duty from 6:00 PM to 2:30 AM, Monday through Friday, with expanded hours to follow.
The Night Shift supervisor’s name is David (see photo below) and he may be reached at 415-937-4668. If members of the community are aware of any neighborhood needs, please give David a call and he will respond immediately.
If the matter is an immediate safety issue, please dial 911.
If the matter is a non-urgent issue, please call the SFPD non-emergency number at 415-553-0123. If the matter is a cleanliness issue, you may also use https://sf311.org/ or the free app that is available at that page.