SOMA West Community Benefit District is always looking for dynamic individuals who wish to help us make our District a better place for everyone. Our ambassadors are integral to the work we do. We offer flexible hours, competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities for advancement.
If you are interested in applying, please fill out the online application below.
Please note that we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (E.O.E.) and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at SWCBD are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, age, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, and/or gender expression.
Request for Qualifications for Pre Qualified Artist Pool (Ongoing)
SOMA West Community Benefit District is seeking artists and artist teams residing in the Bay Area to submit qualifications for potential inclusion in a pre qualified artist pool for upcoming permanent and temporary public art opportunities. This Pre Qualified Artist Pool will be used to select artists for commissions including:
- Graphic wraps of infrastructure like trash cans, benches, light poles, benches, utility boxes, etc.
- Arts & Craft Market Vending
- Banners / signage
- Community engagement projects
- Vacant storefront activations
- Temporary art installations
- Live art demonstrations at events
- Public space activations
- Artistic Merit: the application submitted represents the artist’s own original creative work. The artwork submitted reflects basic professional quality of craftsmanship, skills and techniques, professional approaches to processes and presentation, and/or communication of a unique vision or perspective.
Professional competence: activities that indicate a professional practice, which may include, education and training as an artist, an exhibition record in art galleries, and/or non-profit art spaces, arts and craft markets, previous public or private commissions, participation in artist-in-residency programs, or other professional activities.
- Located in the Bay Area. SOMA based artists are encouraged to apply. Exceptions will be made based on a case-by-case basis.
- Artists that score within a competitive range will be included in our ongoing Pre qualified Artist Pool. Inclusion in the artist pool does not guarantee that the artist will be commissioned for a project.
Applications for the SOMA West CBD Prequalified Artist Pool must be submitted online through the Online Application or send the following in a single PDF file to email@example.com with the subject "Artist Qualifications".
- Contact information
- Link to website or portfolio
- Preferred medium/type of project
- Artist Statement
- 3-4 examples of your original work