344 Harriet St
San Francisco, CA 94103
America Works lifts people out of poverty using its unique brand of intensive, personalized employment services.
America Works is proud of our country and the protesters who have demanded racial justice after the tragic killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and countless other Americans whose lives have been treated as expendable because of the color of their skin. We were founded in 1984 to fight for the rights of the disenfranchised, particularly those who are marginalized based on race.
Our work in combatting systemic racism includes bail reform programs, re-entry programs, and the collaborations we do with municipalities across the United States in support of criminal justice reform and providing job opportunities to those in need.
Called "a company with a conscience", America Works was founded in 1984 by social activist and entrepreneur, Peter Cove, who wanted to put his ideals about poverty and the American dream into practice.
Joined by Dr. Lee Bowes as the CEO, America Works has helped nearly 2,000,000 individuals increase their self-sufficiency through gainful employment, including military veterans, welfare and SNAP recipients, young adults, the criminal justice involved, homeless, non-custodial parents, persons receiving disability, among others. America Works uses a blended model that includes work readiness training, vocational training, career placement, career advancement, and employment retention services.
America Works is a 100% Women-Owned Business. Our mission is to equip each individual who comes to our offices with the right tools so that they are able to provide for themselves and their loved ones. We believe the most effective approach in helping people out of poverty is by assisting them in finding meaningful employment. Our proven methods, services and experienced staff offer the right combination for success.
Nearby Arts + Culture
- Liminal Space SF16 Sherman St (0.3 miles NW)
- Dwight Eschliman Photography975 Folsom St (0.3 miles NW)
- SIY Gallery1026 Folsom St (0.3 miles NW)
- Heron Arts7 Heron St (0.3 miles W)
Nearby Eat + Drink
- Ted’s Sports Bar & Grill314 Harriet St (175 feet NW)
- Golden Burma15 Boardman Pl (209 feet W)
- Babylon855 Bryant St (315 feet W)
- El Norteño Taco Truck801 Bryant St (334 feet N)
- Fabric Walls322 Harriet St (125 feet NW)
- Branch582 6th St (209 feet E)
- Nall & Co Inc424 Harriet St (545 feet SE)
- Hoogasian Flowers615 7th St (715 feet S)
- Central Parking356 Harriet St (50 feet SE)
- 833 Bryant St Parking833 Bryant St (255 feet NW)
- Ampco Parking -- 833 Bryant St. (between 6th & 7th streets)833 Bryant St (255 feet NW)
- California Parking801 Bryant St (334 feet N)