1530 Howard St
San Francisco, CA 94103
San Francisco's best since 1967
Welcome to Ted's Market! We look forward to meeting you, feeding you, and sharing lively conversations. We are a classic mom and pop shop located in the South of Market District (SoMa). Ted’s Market is a place where people come for the food, but stay for the stories. We have a full delicatessen, catering company and market including a wide selection of beer, wine and liquor. We also have a large selection of "to go" foods prepared fresh daily for your convenience. We offer fresh ground and brewed coffee all day, pastries, gourmet cookies, and more. We try to provide something for everyone, so in addition to our fresh roast meats, we have a unique variety of vegetarian and vegan items.
Theodore and Penelope (Ted & Penny) created Ted's Market and Deli in July of 1967. Continuing the vibrant spirit in which Ted’s Market was started, our store is a meeting place. Penny, better known as Yaiya (Grandma in Greek) passed at the young age of 96 in 2017. Elegant, funny, witty, and dressed like a Queen, Penny always cherished visiting and reminiscing with long time and new customers--some second and third generation patrons. We all truly miss the Big Ted and Penny, and their giving and loving nature. We are lucky to see Ted’s smiling face in our Ted's logo and in our hearts, and work diligently with the principles he passed on.
Ted's is known world-wide for it's excellent sandwiches. We use only fresh and quality ingredients, have daily roasted meats, and prepare recipes from scratch, including our secret sauces. We have an extensive breakfast menu as well, from hot breakfast sandwiches to pastries and our specialty Greek yogurt parfait, so start your day with us! We are known as the rock 'n' roll caterer, making sandwiches for stage crews and famous bands alike for the last 30 years. Our red apples will be found at San Francisco’s famous Fillmore Auditorium. And to leave you with a bit of musical wisdom from the late singer/songwriter Warren Zevon, "Enjoy every sandwich!"
Nearby Arts + Culture
- Saint Joseph's Arts Society1401 Howard St (611 feet NE)
- Monument140 9th St (0.2 miles NE)
- Ninth Street Independent Film Center145 9th St (0.2 miles NE)
- AIDS Walk San Francisco273 9th St (0.3 miles NE)
Nearby Eat + Drink
- Sushi Ondo1550 Howard St (170 feet SW)
- Eko Kitchen167 11th St (299 feet N)
- Don Ramon's225 11th St (369 feet E)
- Grandma's Deli & Cafe1551 Mission St (489 feet W)
- California Choppers 1490 Howard St (296 feet NE)
- American Refridgeration Supplies 145 11th St (387 feet N)
- E.A.S Electrical Applicance Parts 1450 Howard St (446 feet NE)
- Mercedes Benz of San Francisco Service Center 1480 Folsom St (598 feet E)
- Mission Lot - Lot #131537 Mission St (474 feet NW)
- Soma Hub Garage255 12th St (520 feet SE)
- 1640 Folsom St Parking Lot1640 Folsom St (863 feet SE)
- Impark - Costco Garage450 10th St (0.3 miles SE)