SOMArts Cultural Center: The Annual Murphy Award and Cadogan Scholarships for MFA Students
Category Event Calendar
Date and Time for this Past Event
- Wed, Mar 15, 2023 - Wed, Apr 5, 2023 12pm - 11:59am
SOMArts Cultural Center
934 Brannan St
About The Annual Murphy Award and Cadogan Scholarships for MFA Students
The Jack K. and Gertrude Murphy Award and the Edwin Anthony and Adalaine Boudreaux Cadogan Scholarships help fuel the forward-thinking visual arts movement that makes the Bay Area unique. These awards were established in 1986 and are designed to further the development of Bay Area master of fine arts students and to foster the exploration of their artistic potential. The winners of the Murphy Award and the Cadogan Scholarships receive financial awards (award amounts to be determined when applications reopen). Each winner also has their work displayed in a professionally curated group exhibition at SOMArts Cultural Center.
This exhibition and program is done in partnership with San Francisco Foundation. The San Francisco Foundation is committed to a Bay Area where everyone can get a good job, live in a safe and affordable home, and exercise their political voice. The foundation advances its work through grantmaking, partnerships with donors, policy advocacy, and impact investing.
Click on the sections below to read more about the Murphy Award and Cadogan Scholarship application guidelines and how to apply. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Murphy Award and Cadogan Scholarships are available to Bay Area MFA (not MA) students to underwrite tuition for their continued academic study. These awards assist students enrolled in an MFA program to develop and explore their artistic potential in painting, sculpture, hybrid practice, installation art, mixed media, drawing, and photography. See this guide to check if you are eligible to apply.
- Students must have completed at least one semester of graduate study as of January 1, 2023, be continuously enrolled in the same program, and be in good standing through Fall 2023. Award recipients may be required to provide proof of continuing school enrollment through Fall 2023.
- Previous winners of the Murphy or Cadogan awards are not eligible to apply.
- There is no application fee
How To Apply and Deadline
- Go to the Application
- Applications open: Thursday, March 15, 2023
- Deadline: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 11:59 PM PST